True or False?
It is hard for most folks that are not “Born Again” to understand why there is just one way to God, yet it is true. There is only one way and that is through Jesus Christ. The Bible is our source to prove that the one-way doctrine is valid. Acts 4:12 says, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
Jesus is the only way to attain salvation. All the world religions cannot save us. Joining a church or specific faith cannot save us. It must be an acknowledgment of our sin, our cry before the throne of God for forgiveness, and our invitation for Jesus to come into our hearts and save us. His name is the only name that can get us through death into eternal life.
Only “One-Way” doctrine
Here are a few scriptures that support the only “One-Way” doctrine.
- …there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (I Timothy 2:5-6)
- …Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved… (Acts 16:31)
- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
The skeptic would say, ”You mean to tell me that all the religions of the world are wrong and only Christianity is the one true religion?” Remember, Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship born out of love between man and the one true and living God. There is no one true religion. Religion, in itself, will not get us to God. It is the blood of Christ that unlocks the door and our confession of faith in Jesus that makes it all happen. (John 14:6)
Why is Jesus the only way to God? Because God planned it that way. He set the penalty for sin, which was death. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. (Ezekiel 18:20) In fact, Jesus was the slain lamb of God before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:3-7) Jesus Himself said, as recorded in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh to the Father but by Me”. Christianity states that the God of the Bible is the only true God and salvation is only possible by accepting Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son as Savior and Lord. II Corinthians 5:21 says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
God validated His Son as the only way in multiple ways so we could be assured that Jesus was indeed the only way to Him. Here are some to consider.
- He claimed to be the only way as in John’s record 14:6 says but validation came through miracles that proved He was who He claimed to be.
- Eyewitnesses saw Jesus’ miracles and validated them as authentic. Over 500 followers saw Jesus, after His resurrection, and watched Him ascend into heaven.
- The prophets foretold of His coming, where He would be born, that He would be God in human flesh and lots more…all prophetic statements were realized in Jesus, even those like in Isaiah chapter 53 that were uttered hundreds of years before Jesus came.
- God Himself validated Jesus as His sole pathway to Him. “While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear ye Him!”(Mathew 17:5)
- The Apostles lost their homes, wealth, and even their lives preaching the gospel. Would they do that if it were a lie? I don’t think so. They testified to the truth and were willing to die for it if necessary. (See Foxes Book of Martyrs)
- Thousands of Believers, over several centuries have testified of how Jesus helped them and blessed them.
- I can personally testify that I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life and communicate with Him daily. I know He is the Christ.
The provability that one man could fulfill all prophecies about a Messiah that God Himself said would come, (Gen.3:15), and perform fantastic miracles while here on earth, and be raised from the dead, and ascend into heaven while hundreds looked on is astronomical. But Jesus did just that…fulfilled everything that was foretold about the coming Messiah. He had to be who He said He was and therefore is truly the only way to God.
Jesus Is The Only Way
Until Next Time
Rev. John Marinelli